laptop is slow to respond

 

I am having some issues with work.

 

Every time I use my laptop, it takes a while for it to respond to my touch on the screen. But other than that, it's been working great lately. What could be the problem?

Can you help me?

 

 

Please let me know as soon as possible! Thank you very much!

 

 

Nadia (415) 783-2400 ext 2334

 

 

Hello, how can I help you today?

 

 

Nadia (495) 322-8745

 

 

Hi Nadia. It turns out that I've got a virus or something and now my laptop is slow to respond to any of my input from the touch screen.

 

What should I do?

 

 

- Annabelle

 

 

Is this a problem with your touch screen or the battery?

If it is the touch screen, then you might want to try cleaning it with a slightly damp paper towel. It can sometimes be very slow to respond because there is dust accumulating on the touchscreen

- Dominic

Thanks. Thanks for your help! I'm going to be running a virus checker on my laptop and see if it's just that...or if there's something more serious! This is my first time having this problem so I figured I'd go ahead and ask you first! :)

- Marley

Best laptop 2022: 21 laptops for every use case and budget

Image source: https://www.laptopmag.com/

Hello. Thank you for contacting Microsoft. My name is/was Annabelle and I'll be helping solve your problem toay.

Have you cleaned the trackpad on your laptop?

- Nancy

Please Let me know immediately how I can help you with this issue.

Regards, Nancy.

- Nancy

Is there any chance this will get solved by itself? Or would it be best not to upgrade my laptop as its already 2 years old and still working fine. I'm almost afraid to use my computer at all now because of this because it takes so long for anything to happen. You need to learn what is causing this. You can use a tool like Process Explorer or Windows Task Manager to see if an app is running in the background and taking up a lot of CPU time. If you don't find anything, it may be your hard drive needs to be defragmented.

If your laptop seems slow, there are several things you can do to speed it up.

1. Do a backup. Sometimes an app is the cause of this problem, but it's just that the app thinks it's running in the background and is taking up a lot of CPU time. If you can recover your information, you won't have to reinstall all your software.

The best gaming laptops in 2022

Image source: https://www.tomsguide.com/

2. Check to see if your laptop needs updates or service packs for Windows XP or Vista. Some apps can disable service packs or updates so they don't install by accident, so be sure to check before doing anything else. For example, if you have an anti-virus program on your laptop, run through its updates manually before you attempt any other changes.

3. Make sure all your apps are updated. Software developers are always working to improve their software, so running the latest versions can be a big performance boost. Deleting unused apps is also a good idea, since having too many can slow down your system.

4. Run a disk defragmenter. This is especially important if you've installed several apps or games and are running out of hard drive space. Disk fragmentation will slow down the performance of your laptop, so defragmentation won't just make your laptop faster, it'll also save you time by speeding up file searches and transferring files from one place to another.

Note: you'll need to restart your computer if you do this step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

laptop is running very slow